Saturday, September 09, 2006

T-Minus

The Team has arrived. The place is buzzing with Ironman. The energy is...pervasive. Awesome.

Ol' Blue is checked into Transition: I won't see him again until tomorrow morning's check in. My transition packs await my return tomorrow. It's all over now but the doing. Finally.

I'm headed to run a few last minute errands, and then maybe take a nap before dinner tonight. Last night I finally met the Blog Alliance. It was so great to finally meet everybody, put a face to a personality, learn what's behind the super-hero blog monikers. I'll give you details next week. For now, it's time to rest.

I do see that we're having some technical difficulties on the blog - none of the photos, archives, etc. are showing up over there on the right. Oh well. I'll fix it next week. You can still read the posts, and that's the important thing.

But this, which is too huge to even call a "shout out": Yesterday my friends/sometimes contributors/frequent lurkers/constant Team-mates Chad and Krista had, to all of our surprise (we were expecting more next weekend...or at least I was...) had a baby girl, Addison. Amazing, holy, inspired, brilliant. Miles 9 on the bike and 8 on the run are dedicated to her, and Chad and Krista, in honor of her birthday on 9/8. Welcome to the world, Addison -

So hey - that's it. After all, it comes to this. Thanks everybody, for everything. I'll see you on the other side of Ironman -

No comments: