Sunday, July 09, 2006

Miscellaneous...

Just a few things on a hot Sunday...

I've finally done what Flickr was asking me to do (by the way, sorry, it's come to my attention that not everybody gets what the hell I'm talking about when I say "Flickr" - they host all the photos I post on the blog), so I've updated the race reports photos - you'll find a new set for the Liberty Half Ironman over there on the right...lots of photos in that one, check it out. I've also added some on-course and in-Wisconsin training pics in the In-Training photo set, also to the right...check them out...

Speaking of heat, they're now forcasting 94 and sun for next Saturday...exactly the forecast for this race last year, in which I melted and finished only as a gooey puddle...

I got a new saddle for 'Blue last week that I tried out on my long ride yesterday - a bit thinner in terms of padding, actually, but with Titanium rails and a carbon fiber frame, so it's lighter...I didn't know what to expect over 100 miles with thinner padding, but I actually think I was more comfortable...

Is anybody watching the Tour? Yesterday was the Individual Time Trial, where they all ride triathlon bikes for 50 miles - serious rocketships...Bobby Julich from Team CSC had a serious wipeout at 30mph going around a corner, breaking his arm/wrist/something and knocking him out of the tour...crazy...Team Discovery is not faring well sans Lance...

My legs feel great today after my icy bath yesterday...looking forward, though to a day off. Might try someplace cool to swim on this hot day...

More tomorrow as we head into another Race Week!

1 comment:

xt4 said...

Hey dude! Glad to hear from you! I hope you're having a great time out there in the Alaskan Wilderness - if you see any barracuda, remind them that they have no business there.

We'll fo' sho' keep you there with the Team in spirit on Saturday. Hopefully all will go well...

Things move quickly on homefronts with our friend...she's up to the Hus to have a look this afternoon. Crazy.

Later Vader -
x